The Rules and Policies of Data Management
For specific questions regarding the rules and policies of data management and IU, our policies are available for review below.
These policies are developed and maintained by the Information Policy Office in coordination with the University Data Management Council and Data Stewards. For more information about policy administration, please also see the UIPO Policy Administration Process Summary for University IT Policies.
- Policy DM-01: Management of Institutional Data
- Policy DM-02: Disclosing Institutional Information to Third Parties
- Policy UA-18 University Records Retention and Disposition
- Procedure: Account and Access Procedures
- Procedure: Procedures for data managers to setup access to applications and institutional data
- Guidelines: IU Guidance for the Management of Research Data